The kids and I went to see my parents yesterday. They offered to babysit while Brent and I went out on a date. And who in the world says "no" to that? (Not us....ever!)
I drove the kids down after naptime and then later Brent and I met at the restaurant.
A couple of months ago, I was getting tired of the CDs that had been in our CD player in the van for a VERY long time. So I pulled out the CD case and fingered through it looking for something new. Well, I found something old and decided to expose the children to MY childhood music.
So I popped in Neil Diamond's "The Jazz Singer."
(It was one of about 3 albums that we listened to OVER and OVER again on every single trip growing up.)
The kids have been asking to listen to it ever since!
So yesterday afternoon, as we were driving down the freeway, I had waves of pure, magical nostalgia sweeping through the van. I don't think you could've wiped the smile off my face when Roo started singing along to "The Robert E. Lee." He had no idea how happy he made me.
Gotta love great memories and getting to re-live some of them through your kids!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Ummmmm Hello what about Barry? Did you play them Manilow or was that what you had in your player for ever?
Post a Comment