Monday, December 29, 2008

I'm still alive! And pics from our trip....

Well I made it through the morning yesterday. And I was the SECOND speaker....I thought for sure I'd be the first! Luckily the woman speaking before me took enough time so that my talk wasn't too short. When I timed it the night before, it took 15 minutes....when I actually did it in Sacrament Mtg, I think it was more like 12. I have a hard time speaking slowly enough. SOOOOO glad that's over! I think I've perfected the art now and should never have to give another talk in Sac Mtg again....that's fair, right?

Ok, on to pics from our trip. Here are our first 3 days.....


Here we are in line during the morning. The rain tapered off enough in the afternoon that we didn't have to wear ponchos the whole day. We were pretty soaked for the morning, though. Luckily Brent went to Target that morning before going to DL and bought us all rain gear.
Kids standing at the river...notice the wet pants. Luckily the ponchos kept the rest of their bodies fairly dry.
Ann and Lady w/Woody and Jessie.....none of the older kids would go near the characters. Lady had no choice. ;)
Here are the spoil sports. :) They'd been hiding behind Brent.
Here's Lady in the tent we rigged up over the double stroller with a poncho. This is where she slept that afternoon. And had quite a good nap, I might add.
Here we are waiting for the parade to begin. It seemed to take forever!
Here's the whole fam at the front of Main St. after the parade....just heading back to the hotel.
Day 2 at Disneyland. Notice the difference in weather? It was wonderful! And still no lines!
While Brent and the kids went on a rollercoaster in Toon Town, I walked through Mickey's house. I had no idea I'd end up waiting in line for pics w/Mickey himself. I felt a little silly once I realized what we were all waiting for, but there was no way to get out. So I went ahead and got my pic taken with him. Did you know he has security there with him?
Here was a part that wasn't there when I was little. They had a whole section dedicated to princesses and knights. It was pretty cool. Aurora came and shared a story. And they had arts and crafts. The girls loved it!
And here is our one and only picture of Day 3...at California Adventure. It was raining really hard again, but with the temperature drop and the crazy wind, it wasn't worth being outside. So we didn't last very long there that day. We did some inside stuff, but for some reason didn't get any pics of it. AJ LOVED this ride! She and Brent also went on Soaring and loved it.

I'll post pics of the rest of the trip in another post. We had a great time and the kids have made us promise to go back again!

2 comments:

Katydid said...

Oh my ! Do you ever get tired? You just go go go go!

Katydid said...

I think I figured out why I don't get your emails! Down at the bottom of the comment page it gives me the option to "email follow-up comments to my email." I never check that I will try that maybe it will work.