Thank you to my sister for passing on this article. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it!
This country needs to be more supportive of midwives and realize that normal birth does NOT belong in a hospital, and that OBGYNs should NOT be overseeing normal, healthy pregnant women. There's just no reason. Put maternity care back into the hands of midwives and our newborn and maternal death rate (along with cesarians and other interventions) will plummet. It's not only safer, it's BETTER! Anyone I've ever talked to (along with my own experience) who has ever switched from a DR to a midwife has wondered why they didn't do it sooner.
Yay for midwives! Yay for birthing centers and home-births! And Yay for women being in charge of their bodies and their births!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
You would even trade Dr. Gove for a midwife?? That is one I don't think I could do.
I think you're a very lucky lady when it comes to Dr. Gove. He's one in a million. Wish there were more like him. :)
Post a Comment