Halloween this year was awesome! It was so much warmer than in years past. We had our traditional trunk-or-treat that is held just one street over from us. Then on Halloween night we stayed inside and watched a new Halloween movie. This has become our tradition over the last few years and I love it. We hand out non-candy items (this year it was temporary tattoos, glow-in-the-dark bugs, and finger lights) and we go through the candy the kids get at the trunk-or-treat and only keep the "good" stuff. My goal for this season was to not eat too much sugar. Why do you think people get so sick in the winter? I believe sugar is a big part of it. So we tried not to indulge too much.
The first week of November, we headed down to Arches for one last camping trip before having to winterize the trailer. Our great friends, Brandon and Cheryl, came with us. Having kids all the same ages as ours means there's always someone to play with. They are totally hard-core when it comes to camping, though. They have 6 kids and do TENT camping. I admit I wouldn't go camping much at all if we had to do tent camping. Yep, I'm a wimp.
We brought bikes, which was great for the kids and not-so-great for me. I ended up crashing on AJ's bike and getting road rash that reminded me of being 8 again.
Arches was beautiful! The weather was perfect! And we discussed making this a yearly tradition as well. :)
Unfortunately I only got one picture of Thanksgiving. We had it at Brent's parents' house and it was lovely. Great food and great company. We found out that our niece, who was just married in August (I think it was August), is expecting their first baby. We're so happy for them!
Here is the only pic of T-Day. This is Lady and June with their beautiful cousin, Emma. These 3 little girls are so stinking cute together. We brought Emma home that night for a sleepover.
We had a great Christmas this year. Brent was able to take off some extra time and the kids and I enjoyed having him around a lot more. It was hard to get back into our regular routine a couple of weeks ago.
Um, going through pictures has made me realize, once again, that I am a terrible picture-taker.
So here's what we have of Christmas:
Before all the gifts were set out.
Ready for Christmas morning!
All 4 girls got American Girl dolls or the knock-offs (AJ and Tink got real AG dolls, Lady and June got the knock-offs. And actually Buddy got a knock-off as well since he LOVES one of AJ's. We got him one that looks almost just like AJ's, but alas, he can tell the difference.)
Yes, I realize there are no pics of Roo here. He got a few Star Wars Lego sets for Christmas and was already up in his room putting them together, lol. I should've gone up there to get a pic.
We had 2 extended-family Christmas parties. My family's was before Christmas and Brent's family's was after. We got a few pics of my family's because I have SILs who remember to take pics, so I grabbed Brent's phone and got a couple.
And the one and only pic we got at Brent's family's party is showing just how tall AJ is. Here she is with her Aunt Denise and grandma. :) She will be 12 in May.
For New Year's Eve we had some friends over that we met through the kids' Jiu Jitsu class. They have 7 kids, all similar ages to ours. They're a great family that we hope to hang out with more. I love new friends! And yes, again, we did not take any pictures. Ugh. But we followed in Brent's family's tradition of having a Pig-Out. We got a bunch of different ice creams and toppings and fruit and everyone got to pig-out! We celebrated New Year's at 10pm since that's when it's officially midnight in America and our friends went home to get their tired kids in bed and ours went to bed as well. We didn't even stay up to ring in the new year here by ourselves. In fact, I'm pretty sure Brent was asleep before midnight. Guess that means we're getting old. ;)




No comments:
Post a Comment