Tuesday, September 15, 2009

The Basement is DONE!!!

Besides a few small projects like caulking and washing windows, our basement is complete! I'm so happy, I can't even tell you. For the first time since we moved I feel ORGANIZED! And coming from the gene pool that I came from, that's a very important way to feel.

We're now done with 2am bedtimes, midnight runs to Wal-Mart for more primer and ceiling paint, and Saturdays full of trips to Home Depot. I am ecstatic!

Now maybe I can get back to blogging about other things. The basement has taken over our lives for the last month and I can finally concentrate on something else (including my children). :)

Here are some pics of the final product.


Kids' new playroom (a huge hit w/the littles)

Schoolroom (huge hit w/the teacher) ;)
And the bathroom (huge hit w/anyone who feels the urge)

There's also an extra bedroom and an exercise/storage room, but they're pretty much empty at the moment, so I didn't get pics of them.

Of course nothing is really decorated yet, but it's all functional and that's good enough for me right now.

Come on by for a visit if you're in the neighborhood!

No comments: