Tuesday, August 11, 2009

2 Months Old

It's official. My baby is 2 months old. It's gone by so quickly and yet, she fits into our family so well, it seems like she's been with us forever.

"Important" stats:

- June weighs somewhere between 14 and 15 lbs. (According to my super-scientific weighing method: I weighed myself on our home scale and then weighed myself holding June.)

- I have no idea how tall she is...I should measure her today, shouldn't I?

Fun stats:

- She's gotten super-smiley and talkative. She's actually quite a noisy baby (I don't know why that surprises me, given the gene pool she swims in).

- She's an extremely pleasant, easy-going baby to be around.....unless she has gas, and then she lets you know.

- The other children all continue to adore her. As you can see in the pictures, if we're ever wondering where Lady is, we can usually count on her being right next to June. Heaven forbid this baby ever get a moment to herself. Luckily June loves her adoring fans and smiles quite readily when they come into view.

- She does fine in the car as long as it's moving. But come to a stoplight and she starts to complain about the lack of hypnotic movement.

- She's sleeps well at night. Usually a 5-6 hour stretch, which is heavenly. But after that she wants to eat every hour, which can be frustrating for an anti-morning-person-mama.

- She gains rolls by the minute. I think she's up to 5 or 6 on her thighs and she has at least 3 chins. She already has cottage cheese thighs
(tell me again why this is cute on babies and not-so-cute on mommies). She has dimples in her elbows. And when I got her pictures taken professionally a week or so ago (and she was nakey for a few of them *gasp*), Brent was taken aback by the fact that she already has boobs. (He worries that the 3 month old boys in church will start to get some ideas in their heads. And since we don't let our babies date until they're at least 6 months old, this just won't do. I'm going to have to find some modest dresses for her, along with a sports bra to turn her chest into a uni-boob. ('cause that's always a turn-off, right?))

I love having a baby in the house again. June brings such a fun, peaceful spirit into our home. We feel very blessed to be her family.

I won't lie, it definitely helps that she's so cute and has completely chewable cheeks and thighs, but even if she were a skinny baby, we'd still love her.
Probably. ;)

1 comment:

corrie said...

she is adorable! i love chunky babies. what a cute family.