Tuesday, March 24, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like......

we're moving! (Go ahead, you can sing the Christmas song.)

It's really happening, folks. After first waiting to hear from the bank for a couple of weeks about whether or not they accepted our addendum, and now waiting to hear from the bank we're getting the loan through, it's finally happening! We just found out today that we're closing tomorrow. Is that cutting it close enough?

And yesterday we had people at the new house scrubbing away, getting it clean so that we can move in and actually dare place food in the refrigerator (it was the nastiest thing I've ever seen), and so that Brent and I dare take a shower in the master bathroom (the previous owners could've used a lesson or 2 from my mom about basic housekeeping).

The plan was for the cleaning crew (a nice woman and her husband we found on ksl classifieds (love that website)) to clean the whole house yesterday, which the woman told us she could accomplish.

She underestimated how long the kitchen would take them. So they only got the kitchen and master bath and 1/2 bath done. No vacuuming, mopping, upstairs bathroom, dusting of the blinds, walls/doors/lightswitches sanitized, baseboards cleaned, or ceiling fans dusted. (All of which she said they would do.)

So Brent and I were left to do MOST of those things last night after we put the kids to bed (thanks to Brent's mom for coming to stay with the kids). We had to get at least the carpets vacuumed and the tile swept up because we had the carpet/tile cleaner come this morning. Brent was able to get a lot of the sanitizing done, along with the ceiling fans dusted. I've still got to get over there and clean the upstairs bathroom (the carpet/tile guy actually already cleaned the showers upstairs and in the master bathroom (they're tile)...yay!) and clean the blinds and mop the living room.

When I went over there this morning after the carpet guy was finished, I fell in love with the house even more. It actually looks like a house where I'd let my babies crawl around now! :) I'm so excited! It looks and smells (yes, smells....the previous owners had furballs of some sort that they apparently didn't think they needed to vacuum up after) SOOOOOO much better.


Friday and Saturday will be the big move-in days. And the new owners of our current house will move in Saturday afternoon. Again....cutting it close? Apparently that's the way we roll. :)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh be sure to take some pics of the new house! Congrats on get the house!!!